Free Initial Evaluation
We provide a Free Initial Evaluation – thirty-minute telephone consultation.
The initial consultation will give you an opportunity to ask specific questions about our approach.
Our approach is based upon our philosophy designed to help families and friends understand and effectively respond to the complexity of a loved one’s cult involvement.
- Each person is unique,
- Each group is different,
- Groups change over time and can vary from place to place,
- People respond to the same group differently,
- To be useful, information must be accurate and relevant,
- Information without understanding can negatively affect a relationship.
To get started:
- Preferably request and complete our Background Information for Case Evaluation form* at the link below, and/or
- Call to schedule Free Initial Evaluation (215-467-4939).
*For any who don’t wish to fill out our form, they can find a downloadable version of our intake questionnaire here. Please fill this out and send your copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In-depth assessment, evaluating your situation:
- What is an intervention?
- What is mediation?
- Explore Intervention/Mediation approaches and options.
- Ethical issues.
- When an Intervention/Mediation might be appropriate and an overview how to prepare.
- Reasonable expectations of the Intervention/Mediation.
- Discussion of post-cult recovery issues.
- Review basics of situation and family’s concerns, including impressions from each family member.
- Information gathering on leader and group.
- What does the group believe?
- What are the practices?
- How does the group gain loyalty and submission?
- What is the ‘experience’?
- Why people join and leave high-control, abusive groups
- Time Requirement: One-day
Our associates are consultants, psychotherapists, and counselors, many of whom themselves are former cultists or have been exposed to destructive cults or other coercive influence techniques.
They have specialized training and/or experience working with people who may have been harmed by individuals and groups.
Cult Recovery assists group members and their families make the sometimes difficult transition from coercion to renewed individual choice.
We have a variety of recovery-related information on our Cult Recovery website (links below).
Interested in Getting Started?
Receive our intake form by clicking Start Now
Call to schedule Free Initial Evaluation at (215-467-4939). Start Now
Want to Follow Cult News?
About Cult News 101
News, links and resources about cults, cultic groups, abusive relationships, movements, religions, political organizations, medical and related topics.
We provide information from many points of view – our intent is to encourage understanding of the complexity of group involvement.
We encourage readers to consider a variety of opinions, so that you can make independent and informed judgments pertinent to their particular concerns.
Groups vary significantly and different persons will respond differently to the same group. Read More